Focusrite’s Scarlett 2i2 has quickly become one of the most popular audio interfaces around. This 2in/2out USB port interface is easy to use and has the functionality needed to successfully record a mix, podcast, or song with perfect sound quality.
It’s a great choice if you’re looking for a new interface that gives you the ability to record high audio quality from your computer.
But with so many Scarlett 2i2 reviews out there, it can be tough to decide if it’s the right interface for you.
So, is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Good?
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a great interface for both beginners and pro musicians. Its super-low latency makes it perfect for capturing your performance with minimal audio problems.
What is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
Scarlett 2i2 is a USB audio interface, which means you can plug it into your computer and start recording. It has two inputs which are perfect for recording two microphones at once and a simple volume knob that lets you control the level of each channel. Depending on the sound source, you can set each channel’s input sensitivity to high or low.
It comes with Scarlett 2i2 drivers, software that gives your computer the ability to communicate with the audio interface, and Ableton Live Lite, a powerful suite used by professional musicians worldwide. It also works on any other DAWS like FL Studio, Cubase, Reaper, etc.
The Scarlett 2i2 interface also has the ability to work with other programs. You can also record audio straight into your computer with VBR (Variable Bit Rate) and adjust its data quality using peak normalization.
Features of Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- Scarlett 2i2 is the most popular audio interface for artists across all genres
- Scarlett has two microphone inputs with gain knobs, which allow for simultaneous recording and playback of up to two channels, as well as an independently controllable headphone output and monitor outputs
- It has built-in phantom power, switches for instrument input or line input.
- It also has a direct monitoring knob which is super useful for mixing and recordings.
- The 2i2 features two upgraded third-generation Scarlett mic preamps with an optional Air switch to reproduce the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal and acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound. With the high performance of sample rates 24-bit/192kHz AD-DA converters, you won’t find any drop in quality when using this interface.
- Intuitive enough for beginners yet advanced enough to inspire creativity with great-sounding effects provided by the included software
- Scarlett 2i2 is designed to stand up to days on the road, and connects straight to your Mac or PC via USB cable, with no external power required. Has 4HP of combined analog and digital I/O.
- A set of great-sounding Focusrite and Manley effects (Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, etc.) are included as standard. Also, you can capture inspiration in the form of the perfect guitar tone with the Amp Sims module, which features 15 iconic amps and cabs from vintage to modern.
- This interface is compatible with both PC and Mac computers.
Pros and Cons
- PERFECT BUILD WITH GOOD SOFTWARE BUNDLE The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a solid piece of gear and comes with a software bundle that has everything you need to get started. There’s a model for many a studio task, including vocal recording and guitar tones, as well as the ability to pair with your phone or tablet thanks to its Bluetooth capabilities.
- AWESOME PERFORMANCE INTERFACES AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 provides high performance interfaces at a very reasonable price all while being very beginner friendly! It also has built-in metering so you can accurately measure the input level on your source material.
- PERFECT METERING The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is equipped with an LED signal light to give you visual feedback of your levels. It also has a built-in limiter to avoid clipping. According to the website, â€œthe all-new intelligent level metering provides graphical feedback from 0 to 18dB, so you can stay in your comfort zone. It also features a ‘Knee Lift’ function for loud signals.â€
- BETTER NOISE PERFORMANCE The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 features improved noise performance. While there’s no exact specs on what has been improved, we can confidently say that the new model is better than the original, especially when dealing with long periods of use.
- SOFTWARE The software is not very user-friendly. This isn’t a deal-breaker for us because we already use the interface on a daily basis. However, it can be frustrating to go into the software to ensure you’re getting the best settings for your device.
The Price of Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
Scarlett 2i2 is one of the most affordable Audio Interfaces available in the market. There are many options to choose as the audio interfaces comes with different bundles. Price ranges from $150 to $500 according to the bundle it has.
What is the user rating on Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
Scarlett 2i2 have a good rating in the market due to its price, performance and new features. But you need to understand what are reviews are based on what kind of user. You may find one praise the product whereas another hated it, that’s normal. So if you are looking for an audio interface with simple UI and at a bargain price, I suggest this interface.
Who Should Buy the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
This audio interface is suitable for songwriters, podcasters and home studio hobbyist. This device is suitable for more than just recording vocals or instruments; it can also be used to do vocal processing and with a bit of effort, it’s also easy to use in a live performance setting.
Also, if you are starting to record your own music and you want to start out with a good quality device as the means of recording vocals and instruments, this interface is a great option.
Why Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
As mentioned in the pros section, this audio interface has a good price at the time of writing and offers great performance for users who are beginners in the field of recording. Moreover, using it is very easy as just four main controls can be used for vocal recording and instruments.
Our Final Verdict
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is an excellent tool for beginners and professionals. The interface is very user-friendly, equipped with quality hardware and software, and reasonably priced; you get a lot of bang for your buck carrying this audio interface.
It’s also important to stress that the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is compatible with both Windows and Macs without any issues.
So, are you ready to have a professional-quality audio interface under your budget? I would surely say, â€œYes! Just go for Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.